Tips to Help Make Your Conferences More Comfortable for Attendees
Being comfortable at a conference or business event is essential if you want your attendees to enjoy their experience. If they are uncomfortable, there is a good chance they won’t be back, or they will not find your conference all that memorable. Doing things to help them feel more comfortable is just a nice way to help engage them and create a memorable experience. You and your company will benefit as a result of those efforts you put into it.
With the many conferences and business events held throughout Australia each year, it’s a good idea to find ways to set yours apart from the competition. Especially in the areas of Perth, Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, there are many events held each year, and attendees only have so much money to spend, so they have to decide which ones they will go to. When they hear how comfortable yours is, they will not want to miss it. Here are some tips to help make your conference more comfortable for attendees:
- Charging station. Offering a place where people can quickly charge their phone or tablet will be highly appreciated. Most phones won’t make it through the day of the conference if people are using them. It’s a small gesture to help them stay fully charged, but it’s one that will pay off.
- Relaxation room. This is a place where people can rest for a few minutes and regain their energy to head back out onto the conference floor. There should be no people in the room selling, although it’s fine to have some custom promotional products available that people can take with them when they leave.
- Free massages. Imagine a 10-minute neck and shoulder massage to help rejuvenate and reduce stress. Having a couple of massage therapists on hand who are offering free quick massages is a great way to help people relax and feel great. This will also really help set your event apart from others.
- Cool beverages and sweet treats. People need quick pick-me-ups at the conference, so giving them drinks and some small treats to keep them going will be appreciated. Have a variety of options to choose from so that something appeals to everyone. If it’s cold outside, opt for also offering warm beverages.
- Great staff. Having helpful people working at your events and conferences is a must if you want people to feel comfortable and enjoy their experience. They should all have on custom name badges and a smile, and know the schedule and directions of where everything takes place.
- Comfortable temperature. No matter what time of the year it is, this is a must. People need to feel comfortable. If it’s too hot or too cold, they will not be happy, so keep the room temperature in mind.
Being able to make your events more comfortable won’t take a lot of time, energy, or money. Yet it can go a long way toward helping people get a great return on investment for attending the event. With the conference and event competition that is out there, it’s a wise decision to do some creative things to set yours apart, starting with making it comfortable for everyone who participates.