5 Ways to Make Your Conference Fun
Nobody wants to attend a conference that is boring. And if they attend one that isn’t memorable, then they may feel it wasn’t worth the investment. After all, people put both time and money into the conferences and events they attend, so they want to get a good return on their investment. The good news is that there are plenty of things you can do to keep people from falling asleep at your next business conference or event.
Whether you are attending an event in Perth, Brisbane, Sydney, or Melbourne, you will find that those who attend conferences in Australia want to have a little fun. You want people to talk about your conference, and one of the best ways to do that is to make it fun and memorable. Making it fun will get people posting online about it, get them recommending it to others, and will most likely bring them back the following year.
Here are 5 ways to make your conference fun:
- Giving people a way to show the fun they had is a great way to showcase your event. You can easily do this by setting up a photo booth with props. They are inexpensive and allow people to take photos and post them to social media. Plus, you have the ability to add the event information or your company logo to the image.
- Having fun custom promotional products is a good way to make it more memorable and give them something they can use in the days to come. Opt for custom promotional products that will add some fun to the event and once they get home. Whether it’s fidget spinners, stress balls, or hacky sacks, you can get fun promotional products people can use on break and take home to use again.
- Play some games, such as trivia that are related to the conference theme and give away some prizes. Games can be great ice breakers, but they are also a way to add some fun to your event.
- The last thing people want to do is sit and listen to boring speakers, so let your speakers know you want them to make it fun. Giving them some room for creativity will help keep the talks from being boring. You never know what the speaker will come up with when you challenge them to make it anything but boring.
- Offer some entertainment during the breaks and at the end of the conference. This way people will have a chance to break up the day. Mid-day you can offer an exercise class, such as Zumba, and at the end of the day you can have a band or stand-up comedian that people will enjoy.
People don’t want to talk about boring. They want to forget boring. And they won’t recommend boring to others either. Taking your conference from boring to fun doesn’t have to be difficult. It just takes some creative thinking and planning. It will be well worth the effort to make sure people have a fun and memorable time at your conference. When they have fun, they will attend it the next year and will likely recruit others to go along with them.