6 Things Every Conference Attendee Should Have With Them
Planning to attend a conference or business event? You are not alone. There are many people each year who attend business conferences and events throughout Australia. Whether you will be attending one in Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne, or Sydney, there are things you should have to be prepared and get the most out of your experience.
Business conferences cost money to attend, as well as one’s time. Usually, people take off work to attend the conference, so there’s an additional expense. The only way to ensure that it’s worth the investment is to make sure you attend well prepared and know what you want to get out of it. Just attending without direction may not end up being worth your time, so do a little legwork ahead of time so it’s well worth your time.
Here are 6 things every conference attendee in Australia should have with them:
- A name badge. Wearing a custom name badge and a smile will go a long way toward helping with your networking. Your name badge should be more than a sticker slapped on your shirt. Opt for having a professional name badge that is custom made, so that you look sharp and it stands out to those you speak with. People remember the name badges and the names on them.
- Their business card. While this should be a given, many people tend to forget to take enough business cards with them. You will need more than a few, because you will hopefully be meeting more people than that. You want to give everyone you meet a business card, and get one of theirs, so you can follow up with them once back in the office.
- A promotional product. Having a promotional product with you that you can hand out to people will help you and your business stand out. Match the custom promotional product to the type of event and crowd that will be there. Take something small with you that can be given out to some of the people you meet.
- A notepad. There’s no doubt that you will want to take some notes, so make sure you have the ability to do so without running around looking for paper to use. Carry a small notebook and pen and take notes as you need to.
- The conference schedule. To get the most out of the conference, you need to know where to go and when to do so. Keep the schedule with you, unless they have it printed on the custom name badge lanyards, so you can be efficient with your time.
- A conversation starter. You want to meet people at the conference or business event, but being caught off guard may make it difficult to network. Have a conversation starter with you, which is a standard line that you will use to strike up a conversation with someone. You will be amazed at how much easier networking becomes when you have a standard line or two to use.
Having these six things with you when you attend a conference is going to help you navigate, feel comfortable, and be able to get the most out of the event. Plan ahead so that you can make sure you have these things and won’t be left wishing you did. Each one will come in handy and help make your conference participation a success.